Sensory Play Training’ is suitable for
- Out of school clubs
- children’s centres
- Short breaks providers,
- P.A’s, T.A’s and
- Anyone else working with children with additional needs.
Training can be adapted to suit the needs of your team and can be delivered as either :
- Whole day 7hrs (including access to the Sensory Truck)
- Half day 4hrs
What does it include ?
|What is Sensory Play?
|Introduction to the senses
| Introduction to Autism
|How to work towards ‘sensory outcomes’ such as:
|Sensory Play cues
|Sensory environments-looking at:
Training Outcomes-You will gain
- An understanding of the terms surrounding sensory work and sensory environments
- An introduction to the senses and what activities you can use to stimulate them
- An introduction to Autism spectrum disorder.
- An understanding of the theory behind sensory work and how to apply it to working with children and young people in a sensory environment.
- Understand the key differences between how some children will experience sensory equipment and how you will.
- A tool box of activities to use in a sensory environment.
- Knowledge of how to work towards sensory outcomes with children and young people.
Other elements we can include
- Working with P.E.C.S (Pictorial Exchange Communicatuion system)
- Visual timetables
- Sensory exploration with messy play
- Sensory on a shoestring -cheap ideas for you to take away
You can select elements that suit the needs of your staff or we can design a course together that suits you.
For more information you can phone and speak to Kate on 0117 9551561
or email Manager@bristolplaybus.org
or you can download the flyer here Sensory Training flyer