Short Break’Lets All Play’ sessions from the ‘Out and About Group’
Free Inclusive Play For Disabled Children Aged 8-15 and their siblings at Bristol’s Adventure Playgrounds
(Under 8’s are welcome if accompanied by an adult or responsible older sibling)
Weekends – Term Time
Lets All Play is a ‘short Breaks’ service for disabled children and their families. Working in partnership with WECIL, NAS, Time2Share and Khaas to support children with additional needs to access local play opportunities. We support the E.D.C.M campaign http://everydisabledchildmatters.org/ , we believe that disabled children and their families have the right to the services and support they need to lead ordinary lives and to expect .
For More information on the full range of breaks for disabled children can be found on “Bristol’s local offer“ (link opens in a new window).
For information on all of the ‘Out and About Group’s‘ services you can download our leaflet here
Out and About Short breaks leaflet July-December 2015 (Details still current 2016)
For More information on the new SEND Reforms for children with Special_educational_needs_and_disabilites_guide_for_parents_and_carers
For More information on Short breaks ( http://everydisabledchildmatters.org/campaigns-and-policy/short-breaks)
Our experienced playworkers have worked with a wide range of children in many different settings. We have a friendly, adaptable approach to ensure everyone can access the play opportunities they want. Playbus can work with you and your child to offer a range of free, inclusive play activities at Bristol’s adventure playgrounds.
Let’s All Play sessions will offer a range of activities including cooking, arts and crafts and freely chosen play activities and of course, the challenge of exploring the adventure playgrounds themselves.
Your child is welcome to any Adventure Playground session however, during Lets All Play sessions there will be extra play workers on hand to cater for any additional support needs your child might require .
What we offer
- Time for your child to have fun and meet new friends
- Time for all of the family’s children aged 8-15 to play
- Time for you to have a break
Lets All Play Sessions
- Play sessions are free to ALL children aged 8-15 years (under 8’s are welcome when accompanied by an adult).
- Your child will need to bring refreshments, lunch and money for any snacks that they may like to buy.
- There is no need to book. However, please contact us in advance if you wish to discuss your child’s additional support needs.
- Parents and carers are welcome to stay and play or to drop children off whilst you grab some time to yourself.
- Playgrounds are equipped with fully accessible toilets and changing facilities.
- Workers reserve the right to ask you to stay with your child if capacity is reached. This is for their own safety.
- To be sure -book ahead
For further information contact Playbus or the Adventure playgrounds, or see our Events page.
Felix Road, Easton, Bristol BS5 0JW
0117 955 1265
0117 954 2145