Commission our services
We understand the challenges commissioners face in meeting the needs of children, young people and their families.
That’s why our solutions are modern, competitive and tailored to the outcomes you need.
Partner with us
We work in partnership with other local and National charities to deliver our specialisms.
Our mobile resources will help you reach more children and families in more communities.
Are you struggling to find venues for delivery ? Are you tired of rising rents and closing buildings ?
Bristol Playbus has an exciting range of mobile venues for delivery and skilled teams to deliver quality work in the community.
Bristol Playbus believes in working in partnership with other organisations to deliver effective services to children, young people and families.
Partnerships between statutory, private and voluntary organisations enable us to provide innovative solutions, improving outcomes for children and young people.
As a strategic partner, Bristol Playbus can offer
- The input of a trusted and respected and local charity
- Added value of Playbus brand and over 40years working in Bristol and the surrounding communities
- Experience of working successfully to help disadvantaged children, their families and carers
- Experience of delivering small and medium scale contracts in partnership with local organisations
- Locally tailored delivery based on a tried and tested methodology
- The benefit of our specialist mobile resources and infra structure, facilitating access to any community in the local area
- The benefit of our specialist knowledge and staff team.
We work together with partner agencies:
- That share our passion and value to support children and young people
- That believe in every child’s right to Play
- Where we think we can add value and expertise to improve outcomes for children and young people
- To ensure maximum impact, reaching as many children as possible.
- To deliver good value for money
Our current partners include
Interested in partnering with Bristol Playbus?
We are always interested in working with new partners and fully committed to working with organisations that can deliver high quality services to children, young people, stakeholders and local communities.
If your organisation is interested in partnering with Bristol Playbus
- If you think you have a project that might benefit from our expertise or resources or
- If you would like to find out more or explore the possibility of working in partnership with us
Then you can contact us using the details at the bottom of the page.
Community engagement services
As a mobile service we are best placed to be reactive and responsive to emerging and
changing needs within the community.We can meet the needs of the community
in their space and on their doorstep. We have worked with isolated and marginalised
communities for over 40 years and are a trusted brand within the community. Playbus is
well recognised and well loved by families who have fond memories of their own
experiences onboard the Playbus.
The bus can be used as a ‘way in’ to
- Provide essential services
- To provide information and signposting to other services
- To host other specialist services such as specialist Health visitors
- Welfare rights information
- Health & wellbeing services
- Essential training such as first aid and fire safety
- A ‘way in’ to communities for local schools and nurseries, speach therapists
Partnership Projects we are currently working on-these projects demonstrate the breadth of different projects that we get involved with:
- Gypsy, Roma and Traveller service -we have been working with the GRT community for over 25years and are a well known and trusted sight within the community.We are currently delivering twice weekly sessions on the Travellers sites in South Glos.
- 20 mph project -In partnership with Bristol City Council’s safer Neighbourhoods Team we are rolling out a program of activities across Bristol in 10 different communities, promoting the new 20mph zones and encouraging families to get out and get active.
- Inclusive play project with BAND– taking the Sensory Truck out to out of school clubs and settings promoting inclusion for Disabled children in mainstream settings.
- Summer Playscheme -In partnership with Barnardos -we are supporting the delivery of a holiday playscheme in two special schools in Bristol-Kingsweston and New Fosseway
Katie Hanchard-Goodwin-Project Manager
Office Phone : 0117 9551561